Friday, January 13, 2017

standing out to colleges and shaping my life plan

You’d be surprised how many teenagers don’t understand the basics of having a vehicle, much less how to take care of a simple car problem when they drive. This could include changing a flat tire, changing a windshield wiper, or putting fluids into the car as needed. My videos will provide teen’s quick access to emergency information or just teach them basic car care as they are learning to drive. Additionally, the videos will help them become more responsible. I see this as a way to make a contribution to the community that surrounds me. I believe that colleges want to see applicants’ contributions to their community, so this project will make me stand out in the pile of applicants for having done something concrete and identifiable for my peers. Although I am not sure of my life plan, I do know that the way to figure out what a person wants to do in life is by trying out new things and having new experiences. For example, when I played soccer, I was a goalie, and I kept getting hit in the face. I don’t play soccer anymore, but I‘ve seen that I enjoy wrestling. Some of the skills needed in life are thinking on the spot and common sense. Making these videos, I will be thinking about what people don’t know about cars and trying to get them the information. Maybe something in developing that will lead me towards something I enjoy. After all, I do like cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment